Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Angel over the Right Shoulder

Welcome to my little Niche within the library. So grab a coffee and let's review some books.

The Angel over the Right Shoulder The Beginning of a New YearThe Angel over the Right Shoulder The Beginning of a New Year by Elizabeth Stuart Phelps

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A stressed and unfulfilled housewife and mother is asked by her husband to try an experiment; she's to have an hour or so each day just to do things for herself. The woman agrees and tries the experiment but everytime she goes into her room for a little 'me' time she is interrupted.
Unfulfilled and highly stressed out, the woman moans about how meaningless and mundane her life is until she gets a wake-up call and new lease on life by two Guardian Angels. This is a short story that can be read in one sitting. I truly enjoyed this inspirational book and identified with the main character. I thought the title ought to be 'A Woman's work is never done' until I read the ending.




No comments:

Post a Comment